PROPOSAL FOR A NEW LOD AND MULTI-REPRESENTATION CONCEPT FOR CITYGML
- 1Institute for Geodesy and Photogrammetry, Technische Universität Braunschweig, Braunschweig, Germany
- 2CPA Software GmbH, Auf dem Seidenberg 3a, 53721 Siegburg, Germany
- 3Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Institute for Applied Computer Science, Karlsruhe, Germany
- 43D Geoinformation, Delft University of Technology, Delft, the Netherlands
- 5virtualcitySYSTEMS GmbH, Tauentzienstrasse 7b/c, 10789 Berlin, Germany
Keywords: CityGML, Level of Detail, Multi-representation concept, Application Domain Extension, Profile
Abstract. The Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) CityGML standard offers a Level of Detail (LoD) concept that enables the representation of CityGML features from a very detailed to a less detailed description. Due to a rising application variety, the current LoD concept seems to be too inflexible. Here, we present a multi representation concept (MRC) that enables a user-defined definition of LoDs. Because CityGML is an international standard, official profiles of the MRC are proposed. However, encoding of the defined profiles reveals many problems including mapping the conceptual model to the normative encoding, missing technologies and so on. Therefore, we propose to use the MRC as a meta model for the further definition of an LoD concept for CityGML 3.0.